Saturday, September 13, 2008

guess there is some decency left in this world after all...

a few days have gone by on this one, but on monday after going to risen christ church for mass since it was the solemnity of the nativity of mother mary, i was waiting at the bus stop for a 56 to jie's place when this young boy, who's probably in p3 or 4, came up to me and asked if he could borrow my phone.

me being me, i obliged and he called his mom.

few moments later, he returns it with a word of thanks and he scoots off to find her.

no long after that, my phone starts to buzz and i see the number that the lad has just dialled.

oh great, the kid's gone. what now?

i answer the phone and the mother asks if i was the one who lent her son the phone to call her. i say yes and she says thanks me quite profusely in mandarin. i smile and tell her it's nothing.

small gesture? yes.

but a totally unexpected and nice one for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home