Wednesday, November 15, 2006

looking into the past...

going through all my old stuff on my blog has been pretty interesting... especially in the old lair. scrolling through my stuff and recounting how much has really gone by since i started recording my thoughts, emotions, opinions and stuff that i just found oh-so-cool in the past one and a half years. a period of time that has seen me work for the nkf, meet some great people, witness the almighty fall of the old board, experience the overwhelming stupidity and dark sides of people, the press and the government, see dad's photo in the papers (albeit for the wrong reasons...) and experience the feeling of grave injustice.

it also saw me go through 2 CSA orientation camps: once as a participant and once as a committee member, experience God's infinite love through the many wonderful people i've met, served and had fun with through the many CSA activities, serve in the 15th CSA exco with another God-sent bunch of people, feel the loss of handing my ministry over to someone else, forge some very strong friendships with people i can call my family away from home, sell calendars twice with the Franciscan friars, sponsor someone for RCIA and take on a new ministry in the form of lectoring at OLPS.

i also experienced a new beginning in the form of university life, realised my true passion for writing and language, struggled with engineering, discovered my complete ineptitude in maths when i couldn't understand it, found out about the wonders of studying under the influence of mocha, felt utter despair in the face of exams, fell in love and broke my heart twice, drank to and discovered my alcohol limits and made myself wish never to visit that point ever again, tried my hand at poetry, went through some pretty wild times in hall 9 with stan and minghong and the others, made one of the biggest decisions of my life and quit ntu and felt the pain of separation from a community that i couldn't bear to leave.

at the same time i experienced coming into a totally new learning environment, finally learning stuff i wanted to learn, meeting another bunch of new friends and having fun with them amidst the work, triggering a new phase of discovery and learning.

i've had great times with the 27th, david, my family. i've become an uncle to the sweetest, cutest and noisiest little baby girl in the world. i've learnt how to make apple cake, coffee cake and orange chiffon cake. i've experienced so many ups and just as many downs. it's incredible when you think about all that has happened in such a short period of time that it's mindboggling. looking back, in spite of the difficulties, i'm here where i am now. and i'm damn bloody happy at the moment. life's full of surprises, and i trust that it no matter what comes, it'll always be for the best.

c'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home