Wednesday, January 11, 2006

a blast from my past...

i've never been hit so hard by one of my morning prayers from sji. during rcia, it just so happens that we chanced upon psalm 63, and i've never viewed it much other than a simple psalm we used for thursday morning prayer. till now. it's a true love song to God, using the language of lovers, describing the desire the Jews had for God. more than that, it was a powerful testament of faith that they had in their God. and now i share this beautiful psalm with you.

Psalm 63
O, God, you are my God, for you I long;
for you my soul is thirsting.
My body pines for you
like a dry weary land without water.
So I gaze on you in the sanctuary
to see your strength and your glory.

For your love is better than life,
my lips will speak your praise.
So I will bless you all my life,
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet,
my mouth shall praise you with joy.

On my bed I remember you.
On you I muse through the night
for you have been my help;
in the shadows of your wings I rejoice.
My soul slings to you;
your right hand holds me fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home