Wednesday, November 02, 2005

the hour is at hand.

at 0930 hours on the 2nd of november 2005, yours truly will be engaging himself in warfare till 1200 hours in a bid to conquer one his greatest enemies in the form of calculus. the battle will be long and hard and bloody, with no mercy to be shown from either side. there will be no lapses in the fighting, which will come thick, fast and furious. ink will be spilled upon the pristine white landscape at the site of combat, previously marred only with uniform lines, within a climate most chilling. no punches will be held, no quarter given. weapons of the most cutting edge in the fields of intelligence, memory and manipulation will be employed alongside traditonal formulae in a bid to counter the trickery, cunning and complex tactics of the enemy's numerical advantage. rest assured, none shall rest till the final moment of the final hour. one shall stand, one shall fall.

Come Holy Spirit
Replace any tension within me with the peace that only you can give.
Replace any disturbance within me with a sacred calm.
Replace any fear or anxiety within me with a quiet confidence.
Replace any darkness within me with your gentle light.
Replace any cold within me with your loving warmth.
Replace any emptiness within me with a true sense of purpose.
Grant me a calm, clear focussed mind;
a keen memory with a sharp attention to detail;
and the fighting spirit of a true Lasallian.
Dull the edge of my pride.
Sharpen the edge of my humility.
If I should go astray, bring me back to the right path.
May I truly believe that your grace is enough for me. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home